This position will include interfacing directly with client’s senior management as well as senior network engineering duties in the data center.
This position will be responsible for a variety of activities and strategic efforts within the Data Center Network arena. The primary role will be to provide daily support within the data center. The candidate will interact with the customer and vendors to gather requirements, solutions to meet day to day requirements of the operations of the data center network. The candidate will be responsible for documenting those requirements and working with the team (customer, vendors, and client engineers) to design, develop and oversee implementations that meet the customer’s requirements and maximize availability of those data center systems.
College or Technical diploma/certification in Network Management Systems, related telecommunications field and experience is also acceptable. CCIE or equivalent would be preferred.
- Understanding of Data Center networks as well as application access and flow
- High level expertise in Network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of data networking including TC/IP, UDP, RTP and routing protocols
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Knowledge of protocol Analyzers
- Working knowledge of Firewalls and Proxies
- Network/Availability Management knowledge
- SLA Management knowledge
- Life cycle and capacity planning for network components
- Research, recommend, and oversee implementation of new Data Network technology products
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional written and verbal skills including presentation skills
- Time Management & Multitasking
- Confident – ability to interface with internal and external customers
- Responsible – self motivating
- Project Management skills
- Capable of managing customer expectations
- Understanding of the IT Outsourcing environment
- Knowledge of the financial aspects around service delivery
- Embrace the benefits of new technologies
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
This position will support client’s executive-level population
Requires PC system experience in a LAN environment, strong understanding of Windows operating systems, experience with all Microsoft Office products as well as troubleshooting experience and understanding of e-mail.
May perform one or more of the following:
PC user support, new hire systems setups, and desktop/laptop software evaluations and upgrades including:
- Provides support for Windows 7, Windows XP, Mac OS 10.7 & 10.6 Office 2007 and Office 2011 for Mac
- Provides support for Laptop Backup and Encryption, Wireless certificates, Parallels
- Provides technical on-site maintenance and support for new and existing systems
- Provides quick response and maximum uptime for all users and performs end user training when necessary.
- Installs and repairs microcomputer hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives.
- Assists in determining suitable software to meet user requirements.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when they relate to personal computers
This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PC’s, and IP networking.
PROJECT / PROGRAM MANAGER
Client is looking for a senior project manager/Program Manager with a minimum of 10 years of experience who has planned, managed and delivered large-scale ITO (Information Technology Outsourcing) and technical infrastructure projects of significant complexity.
May perform one or more of the following:
- Manages people for projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of projects and/or programs into a finished state
- Plans and directs schedules as well as project budgets
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers, clients or department personnel
- Organizes project activities that may require interdepartmental meetings and communication ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, such as systems analysts and programmers, providing support and interpretation of instructions/objectives
- Directs the activities of project support staff and sub-contractors and is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources are allocated and maintained to facilitate the successful completion of the project
- Ensures the ongoing process/system capability associated with projects and manages any changes required to meet or exceed the expectations established in project designs
- Effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously
This person regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers and clients. Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship.
Additional requirements include:
- Solid understanding of ITO (Information Technology Outsourcing) environments
- Extensive project experience with two or more of the following service areas: service desk, incident & problem management, end user computing (EUC) or desk side support, process reengineering, infrastructure and network management, data center management, operational security, security administration, PMO management.
- Ability to work with sales teams to define and price service-related proposals
- Extraordinary organizational and team building skills
- PMI certification (PMP) a plus
- Ability to accept accountability and ownership for desired results
- Proactive work habits, requiring minimal supervision and management
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other basic PC applications
- Outstanding interpersonal and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) and executive presence
- Ability to work independently and with local/remote teams
- Solid understanding of the purpose and usage of project tools (MS Project, Project Charter, Issue Logs, Status and Change Control logs)